£30 million worth of clothes sit unworn in the UK’s wardrobes* so why not swap them? Clothes deserve to be worn and loved! The perfect way to do that is through swapping. EVERY TIME you swap an unwanted piece of clothing you extend it’s lifecycle and reduce it’s carbon footprint!
Come to our inaugural ECO Action Hub Clothes Swap in collaboration with animal army on Saturday 20th May. Shop other people’s wardrobes and help reduce clothing waste.
animal army is donating a collection of 50 items of starter stock including: vintage 60’s, a denim collection and summer tops and dresses from brands such as COS, Zara, Scotch & Soda, Stella McCartney, adidas and Nike. Follow animal army on Facebook and Instagram to see the collection.
Here’s how it works:
Drop off: Thursday 18th May (10-4), Friday 19th May (10-4) or Saturday 20th May (10-12): Drop your clean and gently worn (no tears, stains or missing buttons please) adult size clothes at the ECO Action Hub: Unit 5-7, Nicholson Centre Atrium, Maidenhead SL6 1LB.
You’ll receive a token to bring to the Swap detailing your time slot (first drop = first in!) and how many clothes you can take away. Have a look around the Hub at all the eco tips and info whilst you’re there.
Saturday 20th May – The Swap
- 1pm – the first 20 swappers to drop off their clothes enter the swap for first dibs.
- 1:30pm – the next 20 swappers enter the Swap
- 2:00pm – all swappers can enter the Swap
All swappers leaving the swap with 1 or more items are required to donate £5 to the Eco Action Hub and animal army, (both non-profit organizations committed to fighting climate change). Anyone who doesn’t find something they love, does not pay and can keep their token for the next swap event.
- Wear clothes that are easy to take on and off: we have fitting rooms to try on everything and lots of mirrors
- Bring your own shopping bags to take home your “new” clothes
- Give yourself time to browse and shop slowly so you find something you love
- Bring a water bottle or grab a cup of coffee and enjoy the swap
Don’t miss out: come to our inaugural Clothes Swap Saturday 20th May!