Come to the ECO Action Hub for one hour of workshops from 1100 to 1200 Saturday 15th July 2023. Get your family all involved in understanding how you all can be more eco-aware and climate friendly in what you eat and how you live as a family every day.
- Join in our kid-friendly workshops on ‘grow your own’, and on bio-diversity in the garden.
- Discuss with families there what works best and what you can each do to make a difference.
- With activities for you all to create and take-home meaningful mementos to make a difference now: grow your own beans or cress, or origami animals of species at risk.
What will the workshops cover?
- Activity one – eat local to save carbon and packaging: understand as a family the significant contribution that transport and packaging make to ‘food carbon’ and what can you all do?
- Activity two – eat in season to save carbon: hear about the carbon reduction benefits from eating food in season where possible, and what can families do together to help?
- Activity three – reduce local biodiversity loss: see how much biodiversity loss has already occurred in the UK and how we can help to begin to reverse the trend.
What else do I need to know?