It’s the start of a new year – a good time to think about priorities and plans. Many people want to protect and conserve the natural resources we have and the world we live in, but the problem is they do not know where and how to start being eco-friendly.
It can be hard to find out what to do next or understand what are the right steps to take. It’s not as difficult as some may think: You don’t have to change the whole world. Just start by making these small changes and make them a part of your lifestyle.
Your 10 Step ECO Action Plan
Here are 10 steps that you can build into a plan. You can take one step, take two, you may already be on your journey and have taken some already: have a look, make a plan and tell us about it. And don’t forget – ECO Action can help with your ECO Action Journey!
- USE RENEWABLE ENERGY: Switch to a renewable electricity supplier so all of your electricity is from renewable sources.
- LEAVE THE FOSSIL FUEL CAR AT HOME: Walk, cycle, take the bus or train It’s healthier, happier and helps reduce your carbon footprint.
- MAKE YOUR HOME MORE ENERGY EFFICIENT: Draft proof and insulate your home to reduce energy bills.
- EAT LESS MEAT AND DAIRY: Livestock creates 14% of all greenhouse gases globally according to UN data. Less meat & dairy saves money too.
- FLY LESS: Take the train & relax instead! Make getting there part of the holiday & reduce your carbon!
- CHOOSE ETHICAL FINANCE: Where possible make a choice for ethical banks, savings, pensions & investments.
- SHUN ALL SINGLE-USE PLASTIC: Almost one barrel of oil in every ten extracted now goes to creating new plastic.
- BUY LESS, SPEND LESS! Think before you buy. Can you refuse, reduce, refill, repair, or re-purpose? And save money!!
- MAKE YOUR SPACE & YOUR COMMUNITY MORE WILDLIFE FRIENDLY: Join a local ‘Wild’ group & enter the Wildlife Gardens Awards
- PLAN FOR INVESTMENTS: Plan for investment in more expensive items: electric cars, solar panels, and heat pumps.